Shift Leader - Galleria
Original ChopShop, a neighborhood eatery serving Just Feel Good Food that’s always Chopped-in-Shop with whole ingredients. Since our first Shop opened in 2013, our mission has been to inspire others to just feel good by providing a warm, welcoming place full of energetic people where guests can Fuel their Well-Being. Our team is eager to craft good-tasting, nutritious food made for Every/Body. We threaded Original ChopShop together with bits and pieces of our hearts + we believe that food should not only taste good, but make you feel good, too.
Our Philosophy? Good food makes people happy and If you’re happy, we’re happy.
At Original ChopShop, we are Committed, Honest, Original and Positive. Individuality is our strength. Laugh a little (or a lot) - we think happiness is contagious and choose to find the good in every moment. Can you silverline-it?
We’re budding across Arizona and Texas…Come join us at the table!
You are a torch bearer for our ChopShop values. You will be responsible for “Chop’n up Shop.” To us, this means interacting with a service-first mentality. It means working with the highest level of true teamwork. As a shift leader, you will create uncompromising food experiences in a fast, friendly, accurate and clean environment. You will report to the General Manager and Assistant General Manager and are encouraged to be original in your decision making to deliver a great guest experience.
Shift Leader Job Proficiencies
Shift leaders lead according to ChopShop Values. They lead a shift by deploying, managing and coaching team members, executing outstanding product quality, delivering great hospitality and controlling cost for each shift. Follow standard ChopShop operating policies and procedures with essential areas of focus around:
- Leads team members on shifts, including deployment, assigning tasks (cleaning, opening/closing duties) coaching and training
- Knows all the ChopShop personnel policies, local food and safety procedures
- Makes sure that all security procedures are executed (deposits, safe counts, opening/closing duties etc.)
- Controls labor, waste, and cash on the shift
- Give clear direction and respectful, productive feedback to the team
- Resolve guest complaints/issues with a “yes” mindset
- Execute and support all food safety requirements and practices
- Empowers and encourages Team Members to make sure all guests leave happy
- Welcoming to guest and team members
- Working each shift with a purpose as a brand ambassador, living through our values
- Assist Team Members in their duties
- Conduct table touches a.k.a. “House Checks” to ensure a clean and friendly environment
- Coach team members to efficiently open, transition and close shifts through use of operational tools and procedures
- Manage and organize the FOH and delegate duties to team members with purpose
- Knows and upholds ChopShop standards for food quality
- Ensure that Kitchen procedures and standards are being met
What You'll Do:
- Prep and prepare food accurately
- Deliver food from the kitchen to the dining room with a sense of urgency, smile and care for the guests
- Assisting guests with menu options and anticipating their needs to ensure we meet and exceed expectations
- Ensure accuracy when communicating needs to team members and when preparing food
- Conduct table touches a.k.a. “House Checks” to ensure a clean environment
- Support your team by being flexible and available to work in multiple areas of operations to provide a smooth experience for the team and guests
- Working each shift with purpose as a brand ambassador
- Keeping your area clean and stocked
- Following all food safety and security practices
- Greet guests when they walk through the door with a friendly welcome
- Suggest menu items to guests to enhance their experience
- Check on guests during their experience to ensure that they are enjoying their experience and can effectively fix any issues before it is too late
- Thank the guests for coming in and invite them back soon
Who You Are:
You share a love for food and people. You have a positive attitude, a genuine interest in serving and leading others and a strong desire to be better. You speak, read, and write in English and are an effective communicator with your team and guests. You thrive in a busy environment with many moving parts and can effectively prioritize and delegate tasks with a guest-first mentality. You can stand, move and bend for 8 hours and can lift at least 25 lbs. You agree that happy team members = happy guests and you want to be a part of a team that embraces your unique talents.
What we offer:
- Unmatched growth
- 401k with Company match
- Competitive pay + tips
- Discounted meals on and off shift
- Health, dental, vision coverage eligibility
- Employee food discount
- Fun and challenging team environment