General Manager- Las Colinas
Original ChopShop, a neighborhood eatery serving Just Feel Good Food that’s always Chopped-in-Shop with whole ingredients. Since our first Shop opened in 2013, our mission has been to inspire others to just feel good by providing a warm, welcoming place full of energetic people where guests can Fuel their Well-Being. Our team is eager to craft good-tasting, nutritious food made for Every/Body. We threaded Original ChopShop together with bits and pieces of our hearts + we believe that food should not only taste good, but make you feel good, too.
Our Philosophy? Good food makes people happy and If you’re happy, we’re happy.
At Original ChopShop, we are Committed, Honest, Original and Positive. Individuality is our strength. Laugh a little (or a lot) - we think happiness is contagious and choose to find the good in every moment. Can you silverline-it?
We're coming to your community. Join us at the table!
you make our team members and guests feel like family with your warm smile, enthusiastic welcome and dedication to team building. You thrive in a hands-on, fast-paced environment and you know how to clearly communicate to both team members and guests. You are the champion of hospitality in your shop.
what you'll do:
- You will be responsible for “Chop’n up Shop.” To us this means creating uncompromising food experiences in a fast, friendly, accurate and clean environment
- Lead each shift with purpose as the values role model and brand ambassador
- Proactively builds a starting line-up and bench of ChopShop team members; those that encompass our culture and have potential to grow within our Shops
- Foster a collaborative people first environment by high fiving team wins, setting priorities and delivering consistent honest feedback to all team members
- Engage with the local community through creativity and by executing the ChopShop brand/sales marketing and community involvement initiatives
- Drive shop sales and financial goals by cultivating team ownership and removing obstacles to succeed
- Forecast shop sales accurately and scheduling the shop team appropriately to enhance phenomenal guest experiences and business results
- Model all food safety and security practices, while ensuring all are adhered to consistently by shop team members
- Communicate openly and productively, sharing ideas, and finding solutions that help make the shops great
- Lead exceptional food, service, and facility standards through strong BOH and FOH accountability
- Taking on difficult conversations by effectively addressing performance and conflict issues swiftly
- Create memorable dining experiences by exceeding guest expectations
who you are:
- Sees the world as glass half full
- Shares a love for food and people
- Strong desire to add value and wants to give more to the team than they take
- Seeks out new opportunities that impact the wellbeing of the team and business
- Desire to go the extra mile to take care of our guests and each other and has a reputation of strong leadership
- Understands the value of never settling; displays a commitment to results.
- Belief that diversity makes for richer experiences; Ability to connect and influence others
- Personal characteristics reflective of ChopShop values: non-judgmental, welcoming, playful, original, sunny disposition, does the right thing in all that they do
- 3+ years of restaurant management experience; prior kitchen experience is required
- Ability to perform basic accounting functions and has strong decision-making skills
What we offer:
- Competitive pay + 15% bonus plan potential (based on ideal Shop metrics)
- 401k match up to 4%
- 19 days of paid time off. A benefit you can actually use.
- Paid parental leave
- Clear career path with multiple levels of career growth
- Discounted meals on and off shift
- Health, dental, vision coverage eligibility
- A team that focuses on behaviors over results.